MoDDD is hosting a special webinar series to encourage people to stay in touch during COVID-19 isolation. Everyone interested in disaster management is invited to attend via video.
1. Jobs from MoDDD: Where are they now?
Meet a panel of MoDDD alumni discussing the jobs they have obtained since graudation and how MoDDD helped them get there. Panelists include: Sarah Schoﬀel, David Anderson and Heidi McCullough.
April 30, 2020, 5:30-6:30pm
2. Research projects on disaster mitigation and recovery
Meet a panel of MoDDD/RMIT PhD researchers to learn about their topics.
- Fire Adaptive Communities (Zoe D’Arcy)
- Planning for the Participation of Children in Emergencies (Robyn Mansﬁeld)
- The Design of Recovery Housing in the Philippines (Pamela Calijig).
May 14, 2020, 5:30-6:30pm
3. COVID-19 and the Sendai Framework
Join Professor Rajib Shaw from Keio University (Japan) for a discussion of disaster management issues amid the COVID-19 pandemic. How does COVID-19 relate to the Sendai Framework? What are the implications for behavioural change, technology and governance? Professor Shaw is chair of the UN Science Technology Advisory Group (STAG) for disaster risk reduction, and the coordinating lead author of Chapter 10 (Working Group II on Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability) of the next IPCC report.
May 28, 2020, 5:30-6:30pm
4. Course planning for Semester 2
Hosted by Judy Rogers, we will review MoDDD courses available in Semester 2 and discuss your enrollment questions and plans
June 11, 2020, 5:30-6:30pm
5. Combating COVID-19 in the Pacific
Meet Chrisian Nielsena and Heidi McCullough (Live & Learn) and other development professionals working to combat COVID-19 in the Paciﬁc.
June 25, 2020, 5:30-6:30pm